Some users add the password in their excel worksheets so that they can restrict their access and modifications. But, this can backfire you when you forget the password of the excel sheet. This can be a bit annoying for them as they can lose valuable data in that file. Well, you don't have to worry about this anymore. There are many ways by which you can regain access to this worksheet.
How to recover lost Worksheet Protection Password In Excel?
You can Recover Lost Worksheet Protection Password In Excel by taking the steps mentioned below. We will introduce you to the methods of gaining access to these worksheets back. Let us see how you can recover your lost password.
Recover Forgotten Excel Password Online
- This method is the best for the users who have a powerful internet connection, and they are okay to upload the files. You can take the following steps to fix the issue and unlock the excel files.
- You need to navigate to the official website of password online recovery.
- After that, you will have to click on "Upload your encrypted file" to upload the excel file.
- In the next step, you will have to input a valid email address.
- Then, you need to check your email box so that you can activate the decryption process.
- It will help if you wait for the tool so that you can recover the password for you. You will get the notification through email once the recovery is over. The recovery password will be sent to you after you make the payment.
Unlock Excel Worksheet with VBA Code
This is the second method that you can go to to recover your lost password. We will use VBA code to retrieve your worksheet. But this method will only work in the excel 2010, 2007, and earlier versions.
- First, you will have to open the excel file that you have forgotten the password.
- In the next step, you need to press the Alt key plus F11 on your keyboard, and this will pop up the VBA window.
- You need to click on "Insert" from the toolbar and then choose the "Module" from all the options.
- The next step is to fill in your VBA code on the VBA window. You will have to press the F5 key to run the code.
- The last step is to wait for some minutes for the code to crack the excel sheet. A new window will display where you will find the password. You need to write it down and use it to get back the access.
This is how you can recover your excel password. For more help, contact customer support.