Lufthansa flight cancellation policy process
Lufthansa Airlines (sometimes also known as Lufthansa German Airlines), is the largest airline in Germany and if we combine its subsidiaries it becomes the largest airline in Europe, in terms of in terms of passengers carried during 2017 and major fleet size. The world's largest airline alliance “Star Alliance” formed in 1997 has Lufthansa as one of its five founding members. The main operations base is called Lufthansa Aviation Center which is at Lufthansa's primary hub at Frankfurt Airport. Its registered office and corporate headquarters are in Cologne.
Simple steps for Lufthansa Flight cancellation policy
- Go to Lufthansa official website.
- Click on My Bookings.
- It will take you to the login page of your booking summary.
- Enter your last name and your booking code.
- The cancellable bookings will be displayed.
- If you are already logged in, the refundable bookings will have a ‘Cancellation’ button.
- Click ‘Cancellation’ button next to whichever booking you want to cancel and confirm your choice on the following the on screen instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email, booking will be cancelled and the refundable amount will be transferred or credited to your credit/debit card.
- Flights that have been purchased through other sources may also be cancelled online. But, to get a refund of the ticket price, you would need to contact the travel agent who issued the ticket.
Get details about Lufthansa cancellation due to Coronavirus
Nowadays everyone is concerned about their health due to the spreading of Coronavirus. Special precautions are being taken while going out especially in crowded places. If a passenger is planning a trip and a Lufthansa flight is booked, they need to get complete info on their ongoing policies which are updated due to Coronavirus.
Cancellation policies of Lufthansa due to Coronavirus
The updated cancellation policy of Lufthansa airlines due to Coronavirus has below mentioned important pointers:
- The airline will continue to cancel all the flights for mainland China till April 2020.
- The airline offers free rebooking or refund to the passengers affected due to cancellations.
- There will be fewer flights to Hong Kong during the months of March and April.
- Due to the accelerated spread of the disease, the airline has reduced the number of flights for the upcoming weeks.
- The passenger must check the status of flight before starting the journey.
- There could be some change or cancellation on a short notice due to the virus.
- If the passenger is unable to travel, the airline will offer free rebooking or refund.
Know About Lufthansa Flight Change Policy and Cost
Booked a flight ticket to your preferred destination on Lufthansa Airlines? But suddenly you got an important work or business meeting that you can’t fly on the selected travel date? Then you can go through the flight change option that Lufthansa provides to its passengers where every passenger can change their flight. But before you take any step for changing the flight, you should know about the Lufthansa flight change cost and policy that can help you to understand the flight change rules and cost in a very simple manner.
Flight change policy of Lufthansa
- Lufthansa allows you to make same-day changes in the reservations and you can change your flight within 24 hours from the scheduled departure.
- You are completely free to change your Lufthansa flight if you change a flight within 24 hours of booking.
- If you change your Lufthansa flight after 24 hours of time-period, then flight change cost starts from $60 that also varies upon the type of your ticket.
- For the delayed or rescheduled flights, you don’t need to pay any fee and you can change a flight free of cost.
How do I change my Lufthansa flight?
If you are thinking of changing your Lufthansa flight ticket, then you can simply do that if you are eligible for that. You can perform Lufthansa same day flight change or other online through the below steps:
- First of all, you have to visit the official Lufthansa Airlines website using a browser.
- Now you can find the option of My Trips available on the main page and then click on it.
- Now a new page will open where you can type your booking number and last name into the given field.
- After that, you can click on the Continue tab.
- Now you have to select your booking and then click on the option Change flight.
- Now you have to search for a flight as per your preferred date and then you can select the appeared flight from the list.
- You can pay the fare difference or flight change fee if applicable and then follow the on-screen instructions for the flight changing.
If you still require any kind of assistance related to flight cancellation or change, then you must contact the customer service team at Lufthansa Airlines.