Lufthansa flight cancellation policy process
Lufthansa Airlines (sometimes also known as Lufthansa German Airlines), is the largest airline in Germany and if we combine its subsidiaries it becomes the largest airline in Europe, in terms of in terms of passengers carried during 2017 and major fleet size. The world's largest airline alliance “Star Alliance” formed in 1997 has Lufthansa as one of its five founding members. The main operations base is called Lufthansa Aviation Center which is at Lufthansa's primary hub at Frankfurt Airport. Its registered office and corporate headquarters are in Cologne.
Lufthansa Flight change policy
Traveling through flight is an enjoyable experience of the journey. When we plan to go somewhere but suddenly we got some work to do or urgency to be somewhere else, we would want to change the flight timings or dates. Lufthansa flight change policy is mentioned below. Before you change a flight with Lufthansa, you may want to read their policies first.
- Flight bookings can be changed.
- It is not possible to change the name of the passenger on the ticket.
- Tickets with fare conditions that allow you to make changes free of charge, can also be changed at any “Quick Check-in machine” or check-in counter.
- Under fare conditions, a change of route is sometimes possible.
- If you change the route, there may be a difference in price between your booked ticket and the new ticket fare, resulting, you would need to pay the difference.
Travelers are free to choose the destinations and they may change the plan or even cancel the plan anytime and unexpectedly. Following is the Lufthansa flight cancellation policy. You should read the cancellation policy before you cancel any of your flight tickets. Lufthansa supports you with its services. Tickets can be cancelled and refunded online up to 24 hours before the take off. Refunds and/or cancellations of the purchased ticket is dependent on the type of ticket you purchased.
Simple steps for Lufthansa Flight cancellation policy
- Go to Lufthansa official website.
- Click on My Bookings.
- It will take you to the login page of your booking summary.
- Enter your last name and your booking code.
- The cancellable bookings will be displayed.
- If you are already logged in, the refundable bookings will have a ‘Cancellation’ button.
- Click ‘Cancellation’ button next to whichever booking you want to cancel and confirm your choice on the following the on screen instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email, booking will be cancelled and the refundable amount will be transferred or credited to your credit/debit card.
- Flights that have been purchased through other sources may also be cancelled online. But, to get a refund of the ticket price, you would need to contact the travel agent who issued the ticket.
Get details about Lufthansa cancellation due to Coronavirus
Nowadays everyone is concerned about their health due to the spreading of Coronavirus. Special precautions are being taken while going out especially in crowded places. If a passenger is planning a trip and a Lufthansa flight is booked, they need to get complete info on their ongoing policies which are updated due to Coronavirus.
Cancellation policies of Lufthansa due to Coronavirus
The updated cancellation policy of Lufthansa airlines due to Coronavirus has below mentioned important pointers:
- The airline will continue to cancel all the flights for mainland China till April 2020.
- The airline offers free rebooking or refund to the passengers affected due to cancellations.
- There will be fewer flights to Hong Kong during the months of March and April.
- Due to the accelerated spread of the disease, the airline has reduced the number of flights for the upcoming weeks.
- The passenger must check the status of flight before starting the journey.
- There could be some change or cancellation on a short notice due to the virus.
- If the passenger is unable to travel, the airline will offer free rebooking or refund.
To get more info about Lufthansa cancellation coronavirus, a passenger can contact the reservations center. The details of contact to reach the support team are provided on the Lufthansa website.