Lufthansa flight cancellation policy process
Lufthansa Airlines (sometimes also known as Lufthansa German Airlines), is the largest airline in Germany and if we combine its subsidiaries it becomes the largest airline in Europe, in terms of in terms of passengers carried during 2017 and major fleet size. The world's largest airline alliance “Star Alliance” formed in 1997 has Lufthansa as one of its five founding members. The main operations base is called Lufthansa Aviation Center which is at Lufthansa's primary hub at Frankfurt Airport. Its registered office and corporate headquarters are in Cologne.
Lufthansa Flight change policy
Traveling through flight is an enjoyable experience of journey. When we plan to go somewhere but suddenly we got some work to do or urgency to be somewhere else, we would want to change the flight timings or dates. Lufthansa flight change policy is mentioned below. Before you change a flight with Lufthansa, you may want to read their policies first.
- Flight bookings can be changed.
- It is not possible to change the name of the passenger on the ticket.
- Tickets with fare conditions that allow you to make changes free of charge, can also be changed at any “Quick Check-in machine” or check-in counter.
- Under fare conditions, a change of route is sometimes possible.
- If you change the route, there may be a difference in price between your booked ticket and the new ticket fare, resulting, you would need to pay the difference.
Travelers are free to choose the destinations and they may change the plan or even cancel the plan anytime and unexpectedly. Following is Lufthansa flight cancellation policy. You should read the cancellation policy before you cancel any of your flight tickets. Lufthansa supports you with their services. Tickets can be cancelled and refunded online up to 24 hours before the take off. Refunds and/or cancellations of the purchased ticket is dependent on the type of ticket you purchased.
Simple steps for Lufthansa Flight cancellation policy
- Go to Lufthansa official website.
- Click on My Bookings.
- It will take you to the login page of your booking summary.
- Enter your last name and your booking code.
- The cancellable bookings will be displayed.
- If you are already logged in, the refundable bookings will have a ‘Cancellation’ button.
- Click ‘Cancellation’ button next to whichever booking you want to cancel and confirm your choice on the following the on screen instructions.
- You will receive a confirmation email, booking will be cancelled and the refundable amount will be transferred or credited to your credit/debit card.
- Flights which have been purchased through other sources may also be cancelled online. But, to get a refund of the ticket price, you would need to contact the travel agent who issued the ticket.