If you want to book a flight ticket on Air Canada or you need information about the seat selection fee, you should go through this post because here you will get all the information. So, read along.
How to Make Online Air Canada Flight Bookings?
- The first thing that you should do while making reservations on Air Canada is go to its official website.
- Once you open the homepage of the website, you have to select the Trip option i.e. roundtrip, oneway.
- Then you are required to select the airports for both departure and arrival.
- Next, opt for the travel dates on which you want to travel through Air Canada online booking.
- Also, choose the number of passengers and click Search.
- Based on the given details, you would see all the accessible flight options for your destinations, choose the one which suits you the best, and click Continue.
- In addition, you need to fill in the required passenger and contact details, once you enter all the required information, click Continue.
- After that, you will see the payment page, choose a payment mode, and complete the flight booking process.
The moment you complete the payment, you will see the confirmation received on your email account or it may take a few minutes to reach you. But you'll get a confirmation email for sure and also, in that mail, you'd find the booking reference. This booking reference will help you to retrieve your flight booking and manage the tickets.
Additionally, you can perform the seat selection on Air Canada using the booking reference and if you're wondering about the seat selection procedure on Air Canada, you can get the procedure below. But before selecting a seat for your Air Canada flight reservation, you should know some information about seat selection fees.
Some Important Points on Air Canada Seat Selection Fee
For your Air Canada flight booking, you can choose a seat free during the check-in. But if you don't want to wait to book your seat and want to pick the seats in advance, you may face Air Canada seat selection fee:
Air Canada Basic Fare
- Flights within Canada / Canada (U.S.) - $20 to $100
- Caribbean and Mexico - $20 to $100 CAD/USD
- International Flights - $30 to $100 CAD/USD
For Standard Fare
- Within Canada / Canada (U.S.) - $10 to $50
- Select international destinations _ $20 to $50
- All other itineraries - Complimentary
And when you travel through a Business Class / Premium Economy / Latitude / Comfort / Flex fares, you will get a complimentary seat selection without paying any charges.
Follow the Given Steps to Select a Seat on Air Canada Flight
- Similarly, you have to reach the Air Canada Website.
- Then you have to choose the My Bookings option.
- Further, enter the booking reference, last name, and click Find.
- After that, you should choose the Air Canada seat selection option.
- Follow the prompts and if required, complete the payment.
Does Air Canada refund the seat selection fee after cancellation or not?
Do you want to know whether the seat selection fee on Air Canada is refundable or not? All of you are aware that Air Canada provides an advanced seat selection facility to passengers. What if someone has already paid the seat selection fee but now they don't want the chosen seat anymore and looking forward to canceling it for a refund. A paid seat selection on Air Canada is refundable with certain conditions. Whereas, Air Canada's free seat selection promo code is nonrefundable. Therefore if you are looking for details about the conditions for refundable seat selection fee on Air Canada, then go through the details below.
- Air Canada seat selection fee is refundable in a situation when a passenger who has chosen a seat on a flight in advance is moved to another seat due to an involuntary schedule or change at the airport
- Seat selection fee is also refunded back to the passengers by Air Canada when they are no longer traveling in that flight
- The seat selection fee that is refunded by Air Canada after the cancellation by a passenger can be used by them for advance seat selection on another flight they book with them later
- Air Canada passengers can apply for cancellation on advance seat selection through the official website or the airline
Apart from that, Air Canada canceled flight refund service is also available to all the passengers based on a few conditions. Moreover, if you are looking for any additional assistance regarding the flight service of Air Canada you are free to contact their customer care center anytime for obtaining proper support.
How to request a refund from Air Canada?
Are you planning to cancel your flight with Air Canada but worried about the refund? In this guide, you will get to know how you can get a refund from Air Canada for your cancelled flight. Air Canada allows its passengers to cancel their flight and also gives a refund for the cancelled flight under the Air Canada refund policy. The airline allows flexible cancellation and refund claims through its online service to ensure the comfort of its customers. Passengers need to go through with refund request press given below:
- Passengers first need to go to the official website of Air Canada using a preferred web browser.
- If a passenger is having an account then he/she may log in. If not, then passengers may continue as a guest.
- Now passengers need to move to the My Trip section.
- In the My Trip section, there will be a space for booking details. Passengers may enter the booking details of the cancelled flight in the space given.
- After entering the booking details passengers need to search and select the booking for which they want to request a refund.
- Now passengers can request a refund by following the instructions displayed on the screen.
- Passengers can also request a refund by contacting the Air Canada customer service. Passengers will surely get immediate assistance on this from the customer support team.
- Before making a refund request passengers may go through the refund policy of Air Canada to get detailed information about eligibility criteria for requesting a refund.
Air Canada refund policy
- Passengers are eligible for a full refund if the cancellation is done within 24 hours of the purchase.
- After 24 hours there will be some cancellation charges that will be deducted from the ticket fare amount.
- Non- refundable flights are not eligible for a refund after 24 hours until there is an emergency reason for the cancellation. Passengers with non-refundable tickets need to provide supporting documents for the reason of cancellation to prove the emergency.
- The refund is given either through the original payment mode or in the form of travel credits.
What are the costs to cancel a flight with Air Canada?
Cancellation with Air Canada does not cost more than $200. It varies depending on the following factors:
- Type of ticket.
- Time left for the actual departure.
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight with Air Canada?
When you change your booked flight on Air Canada, you might face some charges to make changes. The airline charges a different fee to change a flight ticket which depends on several factors like destinations, routes, and fare type. For example:
- For domestic flight tickets, there is a $75 Firm Fare and $50 for Flexible fare.
- For International flight tickets, $200 is a flight change fee for Firm fare as well as Flexible fare.
- On Freedom fare, you don't need to pay any Air Canada flight change fee however the flight fare difference is required to pay for both domestic and international flights.
- Besides, the flight change fee is different when you make changes online and from the counter. On Rapidair routes, you can face a flight change fee of $100 on flights between Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
Apart from this, you should know the Air Canada flight change policy before you change your flight ticket. And to avoid the charges for changing a flight ticket, you should go through the points mentioned below.
Important Points on Flight Change Policy of Air Canada
- To avoid any kind of flight change fee, you should change your flight booking within 24 hours of purchase. In this way, you don't need to pay any charges.
- Also, whether you pay charges or not, the applicable flight fares are always required to pay to change a booking on Air Canada.
- In case the new flight ticket fare is less than the original flight fare, the remaining amount may credit to your account through travel points.
How Can I Change Flights with Air Canada?
- First of all, you are required to visit the Air Canada website.
- Once you reach there, you need to select the My Bookings option.
- Then enter the Booking Reference or Ticket Number, Last Name, and click Find.
- Thereafter you can see the flight details and you have to select the Flight Change option.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the process.
- If required, you need to complete the payment steps to change your flight ticket.
- In case there is no flight available for you to change a ticket, you don't get the option.
In addition, you have more queries about Air Canada; you can connect with the customer service team to get assistance.
Official website: https://www.aircanada.com/
Regarding seat selection visit: https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/fly/onboard/preferred-seats/online-advance-seat-selection.html